Pandora’s box is Old-the Peterhof channel
The article LADOGA CANALS was shown one of the massive artificial water systems of Russia 18-19 centuries of the Issues associated with its construction was not enough. For example: the true number of workers in the construction of both channels; the presence/absence of mechanization; lack of photographs of works in paving Novoladozhsky canal in the 19th century. the need for duplication of the old canal, etc. And there is even a version that is all the restoration of the former channels, more ancient.
After all, looking at this map:
we see that the Ladoga canal in the area of the modern town (on the map it is called nöteborg or Nut), out in the Vyborg district, and then out through the Gulf of Finland to the South-West to Koporye. Maybe try to look for it on Google maps?
Everyone who was in Peterhof, you know that from the Peterhof Palace to the Nevsky Bay follows this channel:
The fountains work. In the Upper Park and Lower garden of the Peterhof Great Palace with a total area of 117 hectares there are over 150 flowing structures. And as they worked before, without pumps and electricity? It turns out that through the channel by gravity and by the system of pipes in the fountains.
Here is the official historical information about the presence of a conduit channel to supply water to Fontenot of Peterhof:
The construction of the conduit started at the beginning of vosmidesyatniki Peterhof, which presumably started in 1709. The impetus for the organization at this place the fountain of the ensemble was the fact that nearby, 20 km from the place of the future building, was located two villages from which it was possible to establish the water supply. And since the liquid was gravity, it was more profitable all other ways. A little later the purpose of effective use of water resources and ensure continued circulation was established cumulative pond. However two rivers which flows into it could not provide the necessary amount of liquid. And then it was discovered the site, located at a distance of just over two dozen miles, which due to their inclination, provided the gravity flow of water. The result of these investigations was the construction of Ropsha (now Old Peterhof) channel, laid at a depth of 2 m. the power Source of the fountains became a British pond used as a reservoir. It was laid Verkhnesadsky channel in Square ponds. After construction the system was first tested in 1721, but fully operational, it was only two years later.